Prince Hospital Suvarnabhumi provides comprehensive cancer care with professional cancer doctors from various branch together. Screening, Diagnosis, Treatment, and Follow-up will be given
“Screening is the best protection ” Screening cancer is the best way to discovered and treated disease early. Especially, in the patient whose parent's has cancer history.
Breast cancer screening with digital mammograms and ultrasound
Lung cancer screening with Low dose CT
Cervical cancer screening with Pap smear, HPV
Examination of the inside of your large intestine (colonoscopy), blood test for cancer markers (CEA)
Prostate cancer screening by blood test. The Ultrasound or MRI will be provides if result come abnormal
Liver cancer screening by blood test and Ultrasound. Stomach cancer screenig by Esophagogastroduodenoscopy (EGD) in high risk group
Diagnosis and Treatment
Cancer Surgery is a way to treat the patient whose cancer has not spread to other part of body
Objectives of Surgery
• Diagnosis: In case of suspected lumps or tumors in any part of body should be check by excision in the suspected area to classify the type of cancer. After that, the docotr can be arrange the treatment plan if result come abnormal
• Treatment plan: Treatment plan for whose has first stage or specific cancer surgery, the doctor will excision all of the tumors include the lymph nodes or the area that suspectes of being malignant.
• Surgery to determine the stage of the disease: Some type of cancer has to know the stage for treatment plan ahead
• Surgery for Repair: After the cancer has been removed, some organs may be cut as well such as Breast cancer. Cosmetic surgery will be take part after that
Can surgery cure cancer?
Surgical treatment of cancer, especially cancer in the early stages the specific cancer that has not spread to other part or body can be treated and control. But some case has a big tumors or its spread to other part already. Other treatments may be needed before the tumor can collapse or stop spreaded. So the surgery can be taken.
The method of surgery, the doctor will excision all of the tumors out. Sometimes the benign tissue around the tumor needs to be removed to make sure the tumor is completely removed. After that biopsy again to confirms the result
However, if the cancer has spread to other organs, the surgery will only be considered in some cases. Mostly in metastic cancer, the treatment will be given for stop or control from spreading of disease.
What types of cancer are treated with surgery?
• Total mastectomy and breast-conserving surgery
• Ovarian or uterine cancer surgery
• Colorectal cancer surgery
• Lung surgery
• Brain tumor surgery
• Bone cancer surgery
• Gastric cancer surgery
Follow up the treatment
Follow-up the treatment for pevent recurrence of cancer that may occur after completing the treatment. In addition, palliative care can be given for patients whose has terminal cancer by specialized cancer team closely monitor in physically and mentally such as cancer internists and nurse taking care of patient for reduce the suffering and improve the patient quality of life.